Friday, February 19, 2010

Food

Feelin' hungry at work, so I thought I'd share some of my favorite recipes from RecipeZarr.

1. BBQ Crockpot Chicken Sandwiches
This was the first thing I made in my crock pot, and it is SO incredibly easy and delicious. The sweet onion caramelizes in the BBQ sauce, and the chicken basically shreds itself.

2. Funky Chicken
I made this for my mom and dad when they visited me for the first time in my new apartment. Definitely a keeper. I would tone down on the soy/teriyaki sauce on the chicken though. Maybe 1/8th of a cup each. If not, the chicken gets pretty salty and dries out.

3. Fajitas
Noms. Who doesn't like a good fajita?

4. Honey Roasted Balsamic Mushrooms
These are a really easy side dish that I can whip up real fast like for last minute meals.

5. Tortellini Soup
I would use already diced tomatoes (if not fresh ones), because you cut them up anyway and if you use whole ones, you just loose all the juice.

6. Oreo Truffles
Uh, no. Your eyes do not deceive you. There is a way to make Oreos even BETTER.


The description of number 4 makes me sound like such a mom. I'm only 21, not 55. I swear.

2 comments:

writingotter said...

Thanks for the recipes!Oreos and Truffles together sounds terrific!

Thief! said...

the oreos look amazing!!